Sunday, January 24, 2010

6 Months and Growing


Jacob is 6 months old now, and I can hardly believe it!  I feel like it was just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital.  He is such a sweet boy - it is so easy to make him smile and laugh!  He loves people and faces.  One of his favorite things to do is grab your cheek or your mouth and study your every feature. 

This picture is from Christmas, where Jacob first tried rice cereal.  He ate every bite and then cried when it was all gone!  That's our growing boy!  He eats almost every bite of food we have offered him - rice, oatmeal, bananas, applesauce, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and pears.  Alison is fascinated by Jacob's food, but she refuses to taste it ("That's his baby food.  I'm a big girl!")  She even likes to help me feed him.  Her nickname for Jacob is "Jake Jake."  She just started calling him that one day and it has stuck.  Matt calls him "Big Jake," Alison calls him "Jake Jake" and I call him "Jacob" (I know, boring, but that IS his name).  =)

Jacob's new trick is crawling... ALREADY!  I can't believe it.  Everyone told me that he would crawl sooner than Alison, because of his desire to keep up with Big Sister.  And.... they were right.  Once I can figure out how to transfer a movie from our new video camera, I will post a video so you can see for yourselves. 

No comments: